Location: Evanston, IL
Backing onto Northwestern’s Ryan Field, this early 1900’s farmhouse underwent a selective demolition. Several of the original pieces, such as the historic millwork cabinets, harbor flooring, and windows, were donated so they could live another life.
This vision was to repurpose the home for modern living while preserving its historical presence in the community. The house was taken down to the studs, the windows were completely opened up, and a side extension was added for extra space. This project was sustainably focused, with high-efficiency mechanical systems, insulation, and recycled products. A contemporary side addition was introduced with a new wraparound front porch, all while maintaining the front of the home’s simple, existing shape.